Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wedding Budget Saver Tip #2

Wedding Budget Saving Tip # 2: Prioritize 1-3 areas of your wedding where you want to spend money, be frugal, creative and resourceful with the rest. For me Photography # 1, Food #2, and Dress #3.

  1. Photography: The talented Conrad Erb- Personable, affordable, and encompassed the artsy-journalistic style we love. We didn't break the bank AND walked away with all of our digital negatives to reproduce to our heart's content, no additional cost. P.S. That's me, my hubs & Dad in the bw pic on the homepage.
  2. Food: We asked someone we knew to cater the reception using wholesale stores like Costco. Originally, we came in at just about $11 a head. Due to a mis-communication which wasn't realized until AFTER the wedding, we came in at $16.50 a head. Be sure to read Wedding Budget Saver Tip #3.
  3. Dress: I wanted to love my dress, after all, you want to feel amazing when you walk down the aisle. But I'm a practical jane and really did not want the dress to exceed $500-$600 at the max. I shopped around and explored options. P.S. Occasionally it's ok to take the advice of your maid of honor and try on a dress she thinks you'll like; she might know you better than you think. $350 and I loved it. Thank you Jenn:)

No comments:

Post a Comment